Job offer: Software Developer
„good people, good software“: at fecher, this slogan is not just a phrase – it’s reality. What began in an attic at the time of its founding in 1987 is now a software and consulting company operating across national borders with around 50 employees.
Our goal is to provide our customers in the B2B market with modern business software. We not only sell and develop industry software, but also offer services for modernizing existing business applications and databases.
Join our team now and shape the future of business software with us!
For our business unit Application Modernization we are looking for:
Software Developers (.NET) (m/w/d)
Locations: Paderborn (DE), Rödermark (DE), Oradea (RO) / Working from home
The Application Modernization business unit is the heart of our company. With this service, fecher gives customers from small ISV's to big Enterprises, from all industries and countries worldwide, the opportunity to move their company-specific and business-critical line-of-business applications onto a new technological basis so that they can be further developed and used without limitations. Our approach is a unique alternative to the redevelopment of complex applications: Applications are transferred largely automated to new platforms using special tools developed by fecher or its partner.
- Complete refactoring of business-critical applications and international standard software by using assessment and translation tools based on a proven process
- Analysis of the generated source code, development of standardized and project-specific base libraries, identification of optimization possibilities of the tools and rules, development of analysis and migration tools
- Troubleshooting through systematic, partly tool-supported revision of the generated source code, databases, report templates and refactoring of the architecture form Client-Server to Web
- Optional (depending on experience and inclination): Project leadership, technical coaching of our customers, writing technical blog articles, speaker on conferences, pre-sales support
We use the following tools and technologies:
- .NET-Framework and Visual Studio in the latest versions
- Programming languages: C# and VB.NET
- Relational Databases from all vendors
- Git, TFS, devops
- Several tools for analysis, refactoring, code coverage
- Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365
- At least 3 years of experience developing with .NET and using Visual Studio
- University degree or experienced career changer
- Experience with databases of the major vendors, at least very good SQL knowledge
- Experience in the development of Winform applications and/or web applications
- Experience with analysis tools such as Performance and Memory Profiler, static code analysis
- Knowledge of various third-party frameworks and control libraries such as DevExpress, Infragistics, Telerik, etc.
- Also helpful would be: Experience in legacy development platforms like Visual Basic 6, Gupta/OpenText, Microsoft Access, Delphi, Silverlight
- Strong self-organization and self-motivation skills, result-oriented thinking and acting, constant willingness to learn and the pleasure in working on projects in a wide range of business domains
- German or Romanian language on the level of a native speaker as well as at least good English knowledge in speaking and writing
- Willingness to work in international (virtual) teams for international customers
- An agile, innovative IT company that operates worldwide with flat hierarchies and short paths
- An attractive remuneration based on a permanent employment contract
- A generously equipped workplace with flexible working hours, possibility to work from home and an experienced team
- Special employee benefits (company pension plan, capital-forming benefits, Restaurant Ticket etc.)
- A varied and challenging range of tasks with the opportunity for professional and personal development
- Participation in training and/or developer conferences
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents including your salary expectations: email@example.com